Horse Training & Riding Lessons
Cathy’s expertise in child development creates nurturing lessons that provide children with a deeper understanding of their bodies and minds.
Lessons for Children & Adults
Cathy emphasizes the following:
The connection between groundwork and riding
- Awareness of the rider's body mechanics and impact on the horse's movement
- Horse Training Program that generalizes to the rider's/owner's everyday horse routines.
Cathy travels to you and your horses, and will also meet you at shows, trails, and clinics in the surrounding Boulder County areas.
Her varied background includes:
- Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor, through PATH Intl
- Internships in Hippotherapy
- Teaching children and adults since 1999
- 26 years of riding experience
- Showing Hunter/Jumpers, and the East Coast Intercollegiate Show Circuit
- Experience with Young and Green Horses, Trails, and with Cows
- Cross Country Courses and work as a Demo Rider in Ireland
- Saddle Fitting Apprenticeship, including British Society of Master Saddler's Class
- Managing Children's Horse Camps
- Working Student Positions with Dressage Trainers in Colorado